Mozambique is located on the southeast coast of Africa. It is bound by Swaziland to the south,
South Africa to the southwest, Zimbabwe to the west, Zambia and Malawi to the northwest, Tanzania to the north and the Indian Ocean to the east. Mozambique lies between latitudes 10° and 27°S, and longitudes 30° and 41°E.
In general, Mozambican people are warm, friendly and hospitable and you will encounter far less hassle here than many other African countries.
Mozambique boasts a tropical climate with two seasons, the wet season from October to March, and the dry season from April to September. Climatic conditions vary depending on the altitude.
Rainfall along the coast is heavy, but decreases in the north and south. Cyclones are common during the wet season. The average temperature ranges in Maputo range from 13 degrees to 24 degrees Celsius in July, to 22 to 31 degrees Celsius in February.
A course of anti-malaria tablets is strongly advised. Vaccinations against hepatitis A, polio tetanus and typhoid are also recommended. A yellow fever certificate is required for those arriving from infected areas. Hunting is done mainly in wet conditions in marsh areas and forest areas and you should use insect repelants and observe good foot health during your stay.
Read more on Mozambique here…
Firearms Import Regulations
Mozambique law stipulates that overseas hunters are allowed to bring into the country:
- No more than 1 Rifles and 1 Shot Gun or 2 Rifles.
- A maximum of 100 rounds of ammunition per calibre.
- No ammunition may be packed with a firearm. It must be packed separately and needs to be included in checked luggage.
- Handguns, semi automatic or military style firearms are prohibited.
- You will need to clear the firearms in RSA, so you will need to complete the RSA firearm import procedure and permit form, contact us for more info.
The client need to send a copy of passport, rifle make, calibre, and serial number with application to our offices.
see also Useful Info South-Africa…